



My step-mom is a plant maniac; she has everything you can imagine! Two years ago she gave us a hunk of her "Mickey Mouse" cactus which is supposed to branch out and make ears. I have been convinced that the thing is dead and have wanted to toss it so we don't have to keep dragging it in and out of the house. All the while, Josh has remained faithful thinking it just needed time. It has done absolutely NOTHING for two years until today. Josh ran in from taking out the trash insisting that I come outside. I can't believe it, that crazy cactus has grown a beautiful red bud! Kudos to Josh for hanging in there.
I also wanted to throw a picture of our daisies on the blog in hopes of drumming up support for them. Josh hates them while I think they are so pretty. He thinks they are "over taking the landscaping". Since I have never seen him plant or split anything in our landscaping I think I'm pretty safe in assuming they are going to stay for a while.
One more thing (I promise). Josh's grandpa Winnell (who passed away last September) gave us two bunches of sedum from his collection last time we were there to "spring clean" the yard. They have honestly tripled in size, they are so cool!

No comments:
Post a Comment