Tuesday, April 8, 2008
God's miracle
I really have to share this story....we took the boat to Times Square yesterday (we're down in Ft. Myers Beach for Spring Break) and it is was pretty rough on the Gulf. The guys were all in the water trying to get the anchor to set while us ladies started bringing in loads from the boat unto shore. Josh came walking up to me with this awful look on his face and said the money he had brought ($80) and our licenses were gone. They had fallen out of his pocket while trying to handle the boat. If you know Josh at all you know (1) he was about to puke knowing he lost $80 (2) he's a bit "tidy" so the cash and IDs were in a plastic baggie. We spent a good hour combing the beach saying countless prayers that we would see the baggie wash unto the shore. Meanwhile, we called the airline to find out what we do with no IDs for the flight back to MI. The agent told me I needed to file a police report. I told Josh to walk down to the 711 where there are always a million cops. He decided not to follow my advice and went to the cops closer to us at the crosswalk. He noticed it said "volunteer" on the side of their vehicle so he was just standing there deciding what to do next. One the the volunteer police officers came up to him and said, "80 bucks and your wife's ID?". He knew exactly who Josh was!! Someone had found my (wonderfully obsessive) husband's baggie and turned it in. Josh came back to get me telling me that the police officer had to meet me before he would file the report. When the officer and Josh finally told me I hugged the officer and then my husband!! God definitely does perform daily miracles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Laughing at the OCD Josh and pictureing him standing near the officer "thinking" about what to do (i.e. worrying). Guess his OCD paied off this time, no baggie probably would have meant no $/i.d.'s. Glad it all worked out!
I agree with Lynette...I can just see Josh panicing. I am sure it wasn't funny at the time but later you can look back and laugh...can't wait to hear the story in person! Glad to hear you got your money and id's back! Hope your enjoying the sun!
Post a Comment